my angels

my angels

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY

LB#1
             I have learned that technology comes from the Greek word "techne' which means craft and art. It refers to all the ways people their inventions and discoveries to satisfy their needs and desires. I have learned that  educational technology  is a complex integrated process involving people, procedure, ideas and organization for analyzing problems and devising , implementing, evaluating, and managing solutions to those problems involves in all aspects of human learning. Educational technology is the is application of technology in which you are using everything to simplify the learning process.
            I have learned that educational technology has four subgroup namely:
  1. Technology in education-  It includes the application of technology to food, health, finance, scheduling, grade, reporting and other process which  support education within  institutions.
  2. Instructional technology-  a systemstic way of designing, carrying out, and evaluating the total process of learningand teaching in terms of specific objectives.
  3. Technology integration-  means using learning technologies to introduce, reinforce,supplement and extend skills.
  4. Educational media-  these are channels or instruments of communication such as books, magazines, newspaper, radio, television and Internet.
                I also learned that educational technology is different from technology in education. The latter is the application of technology in the operation of education institution while the former is the application of technology in educative process that takes place in such education institution.
               I'm applying my learning into my studies in terms of surfing important information using technology. I also share my learning to those learner who are not yet expose to technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment