my angels

my angels

Friday, December 10, 2010

DIRECT,PURPOSEFUL EXPERIENCES AND BEYOND

LB#7
        I have learned that direct, purposeful experiences are the concrete experiences that make up the foundation of our learning.  These are the rich experiences that our senses bring from which we construct ideas, concepts, and generalization give meaning and order to our lives. They are sensory experiences.These direct experiences described  to be purposeful because these are not purely mechanical , not a matter of going through the motion  and merely sensory excitation, rather, they are experiences that are internalized in the sense that these experiences involve asking of question that have significance in the life of the person undergoing the direct experience.Direct purposeful experiences and beyond implies that  these direct experiences must not be end. That we must be brought to a higher plane or level of generalization and abstraction. I have learned that in the teaching -learning process,the teacher should give their students opportunities to learn by doing, let the students make use of real thing as instruction materials. The teacher should guide the students so that they can draw meaning from their firsthand experiences  and elevate their 
level of thinking.


As a student, I can apply my learning by exploring and experiencing everything by myself to heightened my  sensitivity to the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment